Posted by Greg Kasavin on July 27, 2012
On July 20 last year, Bastion launched on Xbox LIVE Arcade as the first title in the 2011 Summer of Arcade. This past weekend we figured we’d get our whole team together to mark the occasion at the house where Bastion was made, and reflect on the incredible show of support we’ve received from all you Bastion players out there during such an incredible year.
@ our Bastion anniversary party, feat. the Supergiants and close friends who helped along the way. Left to right: Atambir Rao, Logan Cunningham, Greg Kasavin, Chris Jurney, Amir Rao, Anna Lee, Gavin Simon, Jen Zee, Andre Mina, Darren Korb, Bret Denslow, Alex Ahad, Michael Ailshie, Ashley Barrett.
These are some of the major things that happened for us in the last 12 months:
- We shipped Bastion on Xbox LIVE Arcade, PC, Google Chrome, Mac, and Linux as part of Humble Indie Bundle V
- We moved from a house in San Jose to a little studio space in San Francisco
- Our game earned more than 100 industry accolades
- Our game sold more than 1.3 million copies, including Humble Bundle sales
- Our team grew from seven to nine people, with Michael and Chris joining
- We’ve been keeping busy supporting Bastion and figuring out what’s next
We never could have expected this kind of success for our first game and love having such a high standard to live up to with whatever we do next — we appreciate your patience in the mean time, and we always look forward to hearing from you via email, Twitter, Facebook, even the occasional hand-written letter, and meeting you in person at places like PAX.
Thank you for a great and memorable year.
One last thing — for Bastion’s one-year anniversary we figured we’d make everything 25% off in our online store for one week. Use the discount code 1YEAR at checkout. We’ve got a new art print by Jen Zee up for grabs in there:
We hope you enjoy it.